Thursday, May 22, 2008

Web 2.0 Awards!

I was intrigued by this award cite. I had no idea that so many of the websites I've visited and/or are a part of Web 2.0, I wasn't even fully aware what Web 2.0 was. (I truthfully don't have a clear cut definition in my mind still....but the general idea is there :) From the Award List I visited Upcoming, Eventful, and OneSentence for the time being; I plan on visiting many more now that I know they exist.
I found OneSentence very interesting. It is a cite where viewers may add their own personal experiences (in one sentence of course) and they may be about anything. These experiences may be completely anonymous, first name, or full name, even one letter if they wish. It presents to me as a type of technological journal only psychology based. A way for people to say things that have been on their mind, just to "put it out there" so to speak, but not be responsible or traceable if undesired. Interesting.

6 comments:

kia said...

Wow, I missed this one!! How fun, I am going to go look at this one as soon as I am done with my homework. I would even have this as a health assignment for my students, just as an experiment. I also had to wikipedia "Web 2.0" which is ironic because wikipedia is a web 2.0 Gotta love technology.

Bryan said...

I feel the same about web 2.0. I still am not 100% sure of what it is or fully grasp it but I like what I have seen so far. I hope to find and learn more in the future.

Valentina Haggard said...

I checked out the One Sentence thing that you mentioned, and it was soo cool! Web 2.0 looks like it can be a fun website to check out the top websites around. I really enjoyed the YouTube website, I had a lot of fun watching the funny videos.

kvieira said...

I was suprised how many sites I already look at and check out are considered "web 2.0." Makes you think how much interaction we really have with so many different people.

Bailey said...

I looked at upcoming too! I didn't go much further than that because I really liked looking up all the different cities around me to see if they had anything cool happening. Is onesentence kinda like twitter.... even though twitter can't be annoymous? Well, I will definitely check this site out because there is always something on my mind I could stand to let out anonymously!!!

JT Thiesen said...

The comment about "not being responsible" is one that constantly haunts me with this web 2.0 stuff. I really have trouble wrapping my mind around the fact that I can't really know who I am interacting with so how can I trust them?