Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Web, Library, and Teen Services 2.0

Bolan, K., Canada, M., & Cullin, R. (2007). Web, Library, and Teen Services 2.0. Young Adult Library Services

"...to dynamically interact with and listen to your users to create more user-centered services, both physical and technology-related. ...willingness to enhance library services through user collaboration." Quite simply put, the theme throughout the entirety of this article. I found this article interesting, enlightening, and a bit odd. It was very interesting to read about the latest and greatest technological advances in libraries now-a-days. The focus I gathered, is about comfort, community input, and computer programming. I did feel enlightened to all of the various outlets we can now find in our libraries such as computers which find books for us, whether it be in our library or one across the country, roving librarians who help us in our web searches, audio and videos, social networking, and photo sharing, digital meeting rooms, and smart boards. It really is a smorgasbord of technology. I also found the article "Web, Library..." odd, because I read nothing at all about books, and how to find them in this oh-so modern library system. Call me old school, but I enjoy roaming the aisles, checking out covers, and seeing what jumps out at me. I just hope we don't forget the books which capture the history of all our technological advances.

1 comment:

JT Thiesen said...

I'm with you Danine! I like roaming the ailes too! Mostly because I can't sit still for too long but I guess I just appreciate things more if I at least have to leave my seat to accomplish it! JT